Today, Senator Schumer made clear that Democrats still don't get it. Despite the fact that the first $830 billion stimulus failed to meet the Administration's own expectations, Senator Schumer wants to double down.
Instead of more government spending the nation can’t afford, Senate Democrats and President Obama should put forward a private sector focused, pro-growth plan that eliminates burdensome regulations, removes uncertainty and creates American jobs.
- Senator Schumer: There hasn’t been enough focus on jobs and job creation. And we Democrats are going to put forth an agenda this fall, jobs first. You look at the election and there were two mandate. One, get the deficit down, get rid of wasteful spending. But two and even more important create jobs and get the economy growing. We are going to look at two things: infrastructure and one is some kind of encouragement of employment. (Face The Nation, 6/19/11)
- Unemployment Rate When President Obama Signed The $830 Billion Stimulus: 8.2%
- Unemployment Rate 2 Years After President Obama’s $830 Billon Stimulus: 9.1%
- President Obama’s Economic Advisors Predicted The Stimulus Would Keep Unemployment Below 8% ... It Hasn’t
- Under Democrat-Controlled Washington, The Unemployment Rate Has Remained Above 8% For A Post-WWII Record 28 Straight Months.