If there was any doubt about who is the cause of dysfunction in Washington, look no further than the Democrat-controlled Senate. Last Thursday, the JOBS Act passed the House with 390 votes, or as the AP puts it with 95% of lawmakers voting in favor of this overwhelmingly bipartisan measure. The JOBS bill also has strong support from President Obama, Steve Case, and the small business community. Despite all the bipartisan support, Senate Democrats are working overtime to block this much-needed jobs bill. A quick glance at the headlines below show that Senate Democrats have little interest in helping America’s job creators grow and create jobs.
• Popular House-Passed Small Business Bill Hits Obstacles In Senate –The Associated Press
• Democrats Object To House JOBS Act – Politico
• Senate Democrats Recast Startups Bill As Investor Threat – Reuters
• Jobs Bill Stalls As Congress Fights Over Agency – The New York Times
• Democrats Move to Slow ‘Jobs’ Bill – CQ
• Democrats Unhappy With JOBS Act Trajectory – Roll Call
• Dems Push Corporate Welfare To Sink JOBS Act – Washington Examiner